The Liebster Award – Discovering New Blogs
By – Sheri de Grom
Early this month, I had the pleasure of being nominated for the Liebster Award by the distinguished Mae Clair. Mae’s debut novel, Weathering Rock, was released in October 2012. Her second novel, Twelfth Sun, will be released in August 2013. Mae doesn’t slow down. Her blog is a continuous flow of activity. Authors can learn a lot by following Mae’s blog. She’s a genius with marketing.
So how does the Liebster Award work? Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you. Thank you Mae, I am honored.
- Post eleven random facts about yourself.
- Answer eleven questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Think of a new set of eleven questions and nominate eleven others to answer them.
My eleven random facts as requested:
- I prefer to write at a coffee house over other locations. I enjoy sharing the table with my husband as he sketches his one of a kind jewelry designs or reads.
- My first paid writing gig was writing dialogue for Morris the cat.
- I once trained flop-eared cashmere rabbits that were abandoned by local residents on veteran hospital grounds. Later the rabbits became companions and residents of the veteran nursing home.
- Winter is my favorite season.
- I know how to calculate how much weight one coat of new paint will add to a cargo freighter, a Naval aircraft carrier, a cruise liner and various other ocean vessels.
- I have experience with the intricacies of legislative bills from the point of concept until a bill makes the President’s desk for signature.
- I once put our home up for sale while my husband was away. He wasn’t aware we were moving until he returned home and saw the sold sign on our house.
- I love, love, love Broadway shows.
- I prefer cardigans and long-sleeved tees to wearing a jacket.
- I won’t wear flip flops.
- IMO, breakfast is best served around two-thirty in the afternoon.
Mae’s eleven questions for me to answer:
- Favorite book as a child? Pollyanna Series
- What famous person from history do you most admire? Collin Powell
- If you could have a superpower, which would you choose? The ability to move through space at a fast pace.
- What is your favorite fairytale character and why? There’s a legendary Cowboy Sam and he could help any animal he came into contact with on a ranch. Once Cowboy Sam arrived he was always able to relieve the animal’s pain or cure whatever was wrong. Cowboy Sam books were probably an early 50s concept of what we now call chapter books.
- When it comes to movies, what is your favorite genre? Drama
- Who was your teenage celebrity crush? Ricky Nelson
- Would you describe yourself as an introvert, extrovert, or somewhere in between? Somewhere in between.
- What was your favorite subject in school? Psychology
- What is your favorite board game? Monopoly
- What is your favorite form of social media? Blogging
- Would you rather spend a lazy day at a secluded beach soaking up the sun, or a day in a tourist town that offers numerous attractions? Give me a secluded beach on a cloudy day.
And now, the questions for my eleven nominees:
- If you have a day job, what is your evening ritual when you arrive home? If you don’t have a day job, what is your morning ritual when you get up?
- What is your favorite genre to read?
- How many states have you visited?
- Are you a morning or night person?
- Do you have a favorite movie you believe should win the Academy Award for best movie? If so, which one?
- What is your favorite search engine?
- Do you believe there should be a mandatory retirement age? Explain.
- Do you believe our military should remain an all volunteer force or should we bring back the draft? You may explain your answer if you like.
- What is the best time of day for you to be creative?
- Where are you when you’re the most creative?
- What is your favorite time of day?
The purpose of this award is ‘Discovering New Blogs.’ I’m nominating The Liebster Award to blogs I’ve recently discovered and believe you’ll also enjoy: